There are many options when it comes to shopping in Constantine from the traditional markets to the modern malls, it all depends on what is it you are seeking:
Different areas of the city have different daily markets, that is devided depending on what is sold, for instance, rahbat essouf is where men clothing is most abundant in the city, rue de france rsif and a couple of other places are where women hang the most, casbah if you wanna look formal that’s the place for you. It takes about 200m passing by the two main garden in the city, and the museum of culture al khalifa to get to the other side of the city, here you find Souk ennahassine in other words the market of copper makers, if you wanna get a souvenir this is definitely the place to visit, since Constantine is most famous for its copper, if you follow sidi rached bridge you will end up in souika which kind of like the most traditional market there is, here you can find a whole variety of products depending on the season as well, but mainly some traditional sweets that you must try, djawzia for instance.
If malls is what you desire then you have to pay a visit to nouvelle ville of the new city in other words, it becoming the next commercial center, with so many malls around, ritaj being the largest in all Constantine, sans visa and la coupole are the newest and most modern like, there so many other malls under construction and the city is growing by the day, an afternoon visit would be a great idea.
The most traditional among all and probably the largest exchange gathering in the whole Algerian east, it is a weekly event hosted at around 7 am every Friday in a very large open area in el khroub, you will find anything you can imagine , food, clothes, animals and practically anything, it can be crowded and unpleasant for some, but for many people it runs in the veins and is just a must.
Is about an hour driving form Constantine, the biggest and most diversified daily market there is, it is even called the souk of dubai, referring to the abundance of goods of every kind, el eulma gets its buyers from all over the country and that’s how much of a commercial center this city is.
- Organization 108 theater in Constantine and over200 theater performances in the provinces of the east during the year
- Organization 12 comedy shows, to the room shows.
- Establishment of two dinner theaters that offer two shows per week.
- Organization of 4 major festivals, covering the main theatrical disciplines. Competition for the best high school theater piece.
- Publication of a book on the Arab theater. Production of more than 40 theatrical works.
- Artist residencies for training and theatrical writing. A theater trades training workshop.
- Establishment of two symposia on the Theatre Square. In the Arab world.
- Musical Heritage recording:
- Edition of "Malouf of Constantine, Anthology," with 36 CD.
- Recording and editing of 08 CD covers, Livert / DVD, different Malouf artists, and aroubi
- Registration unpublished pieces by Sheikh Mostepha Lemsamer, Aissaoua songs and musical pieces Zendali.
- Publishing five books on the essential elements of theConstantine tradition.
- 2 exhibits Andalusian music and traditional music.
- Documents Movies
- Enachra, Hechaihchi, Aissaoua, Diwan, The music of Constantine, Chouyoukhs Constantine. Creation a regional orchestra of Constantine and a school music.
- Rehabilitation works protected heritage areas Constantine
- Archaeological excavations of realization
- Establishment of a "school yard" with students and archeology teachers
- Restoration of Dar Salah El Bey
- Boxed edition of the journal "Collection of the archaeological society Constantine.
- Rehabilitation and re-opening of the circuit "The path of the tourists."
- Organization of visits to all archaeological sites, partnership with the Ministry of Education
- Design and implementation of a medal of Constantine Organization of an international symposium on Africa Romaine Establishment of a large exhibition of ancient manuscripts Constantine Book publishing Nacéra Benseddik dedicated to Constantine
- Edition of the book "CIRTA, Constantine, the celestial capital" of Khelifa Abderrahmane
- Cultural organization of 4 weeks per month, each dedicated to a wilaya of the country
- Organization of cultural weeks dedicated to each Arab country participant
- Organization of meetings and seminars to 17 different themes
- Production 05 feature films, 09 documentaries,
- Projecting premieres at the rate of 03 pieces per month on the year. The works in question will be taken up in the provinces around the same month.
- Organization of a competitive nature festival, bringing together all productions
- Organization of film and video games
- Establishment of a special program students, including the organization contest, the establishment of Playwriting Residency scenarios there projection from movie in the neighborhood common from Constantine, and the establishment of a training workshop for the management cinemas.