In an original architecture combining beauty with functionality, replete with high-tech equipment, Zenith room Constantine, now nearing completion, is undoubtedly the flagship structure of the event "Constantine, the capital of 2015 Arab culture.
The Theater, as a cultural activity, was introduced in Constantine in 1854. He was held in a private building, the Sea of thatch, located at the Caraman Street.
At 15 km south of contantine lies the tomb of its legendary founder, the great massinissa, a momument that has been lying there for over two millenniums.
The collection comes from excavations in the city and nearby Tiddis and with the displays being something of a jumble, it appears as an old-style ‘cabinet of curiosities’.
Sculptured by the French sculpturer Lucien Brasseur (1878-1960), it is a replicate of the original statue found in saint jean latrin Rome, was brought to Constantine in 1913 and meant to be in the heart of the city “la breche” but then was moved next to the train station and right beside the el kantra bridge.
First constructed in 1773 by the ottoman bey of constantne hacen ben hocine most known for abou hanak, was among the very first mosques built with the goal of having religious gatherings and prayers, in 1775 Saleh bey, the successor ruler of Constantine built a school that is still operation until now days.
Souk el-Ghazal is definitely worth a look on your way to the Bey’s palace.
Constantine is graced with several other beautiful mosques, but these, as all others, are only open to Muslims.
Hajj Ahmed became bey or ruler of Constantine in 1826, and started building his new palace two years later.
Close to the onument for the dead and just at eye sight is notre dame of peace.
Monument aux morts or monument for the dead, just beyond the Sidi Mcid Bridge, and almost at the highest point of the city
A piece of art is the least that can be said about this mosque, by far the biggest mosque in algeria and among the biggest in the whole world, with a capacity of over 15000 people, almost 160 and 80 meters width and length.